WEBINAR | A Shift in Perspective: Understanding Implicit Bias and Cultural Considerations During Therapy
|Tuotenumero: ||AD5084 |
|Veroton hinta: ||100,81 € |
|Hinta (verollinen): || |
Live online luento To-Pe välisenä yönä 5.2.2021 klo 01:30 - 03:00 - nauhoitettu lähetys nähtävänä 30 luennon jälkeen
Implicit bias refers to the attitudes or stereotypes that affect our understanding, actions, and decisions in an unconscious manner. Everyone possesses them, so it’s important to understand how these involuntary attitudes may affect our subconscious especially when working with diverse communities. There are several economic challenges and cultural misconceptions to consider when working with children from communities of color. This course will primarily focus on the African-American community, and discuss barriers to therapy success including participation of the family, supply and variety of food, availability of resources, family mealtimes, caregiver stress, and historical considerations. Additional challenges and strategies during teletherapy sessions will also be discussed.
- The learner will be able to define and recognize implicit bias, and identify strategies for talking with coworkers.
- The learner will be able to recognize economic challenges for low income families related to therapy success.
- The learner will be able to identify cultural views and stigmas surrounding speech and feeding therapy in communities of color.
- The learner will be able to address solutions to teletherapy challenges during therapy sessions.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® OPT resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
Aikataulu To ja Pe välinen yö 5.2.2021 klo 01:30 -03:00 Suomen aikaa
- 5 minutes- Introduction and Disclosures
- 15 minutes – Diversity overview/ Implicit bias definition and examples
- 15 minutes – Diversity activity/video
- 15 minutes- Cultural considerations and economic challenges during therapy
- 15 minutes- Feeding Therapy and breastfeeding in the African American community
- 15 minutes – Possible Teletherapy Challenges and strategies
- 10 minutes— Conclusion and Questions
April Anderson MA, CCC-SLP, CLC Instructor Bio and Financial Disclosure
-- No copyright infringement intended with images displayed; similar content appears elsewhere on the internet