TalkTools®️ 3-Part Treatment Plan for OPT™ ONLINE Self Study - OPT aloituskurssi
|Tuotenumero: || 3675-NS |
|Veroton hinta: ||160,48 € |
|Hinta (verollinen): || |
OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) koulutusohjelman aloituskurssi - kysy kurssille suositeltuja välineitä ( eivät kuulu hintaan).
HUOM! Tämä itseopiskelukurssi hyväksytään osaksi Talk Toolsin OPT tasokoulutusohjelmaa
Learn how 40 highly motivating motor activities can be used to improve phonation, resonation, and speech clarity.
This introductory course to OPT (Oral Placement Therapy) is the foundation for TalkTools training and is integrated throughout all of our courses. OPT is a type of oral-motor therapy that targets specific movements needed for speech and feeding. The "3 parts" of OPT are: auditory and visual sensory systems COMBINED WITH tactile -- and propioceptive -- sensory systems. TalkTools training applies a unique, hierarchical approach to OPT, focused on a measurable, results-driven path for both therapists and clients across all ages and diagnoses with the goal of:
- speech clarity
- improved feeding
- improved QUALITY OF LIFE
This interactive, hands-on course includes highly motivating activities targeting the abdomen, velum, jaw, lips and tongue. Techniques learned can be readily implemented across many therapy environments -- private practices, hospitals, schools and home.
The participant will be able to:
- Assess oral placement/feeding/speech problems based on muscle systems.
- Integrate hierarchies for motor dissociation and grading (jaw-lips-tongue).
- Develop programs of therapeutic intervention to address physiological and motor-based speech disorders.
- Apply at least 10 new therapy techniques.
- Demonstrate oral placement techniques to improve individual speech clarity and production.
Content Disclosure: This presentation will focus on treatment methods related to the use of TalkTools® resources. Other similar treatment approaches will receive limited or no coverage during this lecture.
TalkTools®️ is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education. Provider #: 5059. This virtual, self-study course qualifies for 12 contact hours or 1.2 CEUs in the Category of Occupational Therapy Process. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA. Course Level: Intermediate.
- Theories of Oral Placement (Muscle-Based) Therapy (45 min)
- Oral Placement Therapy: The “why”, “when” and “who” (60 min)
- Muscle movements necessary for speech clarity emergence or correction (60 min)
- Oral Habits: Prolonged Thumb Sucking, Pacifier Usage, Teeth Grinding & Drooling (60 min)
- Oral Habits: What is the Commonality and How Can They Be Eliminated (60 min)
- Overview of Feeding and How It Effects Speech Clarity (60 min)
- Treatment: Muscle-Based Exercises for Speech Clarity (60 min)
- Activities to Improve Abdominal Grading and Breath Support (60 min)
- Improving Velo-pharyngeal Functioning Using Muscle-Based, OPT Interventions (45 min)
- Jaw Exercises - Stability in the Jaw is Necessary for Mobility in the Lips and Tongue (60 min)
- Lip movements necessary for Speech Clarity (60 min)
- Tongue movements for Speech Clarity (60 min)
- Program Planning: Putting it All Together (30 min)